If you're renting a property in New South Wales (NSW), you have the option to pay your bond directly to your agent, or through the Rental Bonds Online (RBO) service provided by NSW Fair Trading. Depending on which option you use, the RentBond process will vary slightly.
Payment directly to your agent
You can request to pay your bond directly to the agent. If the agent agrees, simply complete the RentBond process and we will contact the agent to obtain details to transfer the funds. Your bond will be paid to the agent either the same day, or the next business day.
Payment to Rental Bonds Online
If your agent requires you to use the RBO service:
- You will receive an email from your agent with a link to the RBO service.
- Follow the steps on the RBO site until you reach the payment section.
- Select BPAY as your payment method.
- A BPAY advice slip will be generated with a Biller Code and Reference number displayed. You will need these numbers for your RentBond application.
- Complete your RentBond application, and in the field marked BPAY, enter the Biller Code and Reference Number.
- Follow the prompts to complete the RentBond process.
- Once your application is approved, we will arrange payment of your bond using the BPAY details you provide.
Please note that while we guarantee same day payment* of your bond, RentBond payments made using BPAY may take up to 2 business days to be acknowledged by Rental Bonds Online.
*Same day payment for applications received and process by 3pm South Australia time each business day.